Throughout the year we offer you the opportunity to participate in day-to-day business activities and practise your Italian skills in real-life situations through an unpaid internship experience in an Italian company or organization. The first part of the programme includes a language preparatory course to improve your Italian skills in Florence. In the second part of the programme you will be placed in a company or organization in your field of interest. The purpose of this type of placement is to enable you to improve Italian language skills with daily practise in an Italian working environment, improve your professional skill, understand how work is conducted in Italy and, understand work ethic and experience cultural diversity.
Linguaviva internships are unpaid and students are expected to fund/pay for their entire stay in Italy.
- Italian language knowledge at an intermediate level equivalent to CEF level B1
- Diploma/university degree or professional experience in the chosen field
- Minimum Age 18+
- Study Visa is required for programmes with a duration over 3 months.
Work is in a small group and covers all aspects of the language with a particular emphasis on developing communicative skills in speaking and writing. As no translation is used in the classroom participant will be quickly able to understand and communicate in Italian.
Participants who have completed the Italian preparatory course are eligible for the internship placement in an Italian company. Placements are based on students’ qualification and work experience in the chosen area.
AREAS OF INTERNSHIP
- Hospitality and Tourism: hotel, travel agencies
- Restaurants and bakeries
- Leather industry
- Arts & Crafts: ceramics, pottery, sculpture
- Restoration: workshops for wood, painting and stone restoration
- Professional offices: architects, lawyers
- Textile: clothes manufacturing, dressmaking workshops
- Fashion (Business, Merchandising, Design)
- Design (Interior, Graphic, Industrial)
- Photography (Fashion, press agency)
- Meeting with internship coordinator to define details of work experience
- Selection of company according to your area of interests, experience and availability in the chosen field
- Assistance for permit of stay procedures
- Interviews with the selected companies
- Monitoring and defining the agreement between you and the Company
- Insurance to cover workplace accidents for the duration of the programme
- Appointment of a tutor within the company
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of your work experience
- Certificate indicating your participation in the programme
HOW TO APPLY
- You should enrol at least 2 months before the beginning of the Programme sending to the school
- Application form in which the duration of language preparatory course & Internship experience must be clearly indicated.
- Your Curriculum Vitae with description of studies, qualifications and work experience
- A letter explaining the reasons for participating in the programme
- A description of the type of internship experience to be undertaken, indicating field of preference.
The school will confirm whether it is possible to arrange the internship programme.
|KEY FACTS||ITALIAN PREPARATORY COURSE|
|Lessons||20 lessons per week. Each lesson lasts 45 minutes|
|Duration||Min. 4 weeks|
|Groups||Max 14 students|
|Levels||From complete beginner to advanced A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 (according to CEF level scale)|
|Starting dates 2021||11th Jan, 8th Feb, 8th March, 6th April, 3rd May, 31st May,
28th June, 26th July, 23rd Aug, 20th Sep, 18th Oct, 15th Nov
If you have previous knowledge of Italian you may start any Monday
Italian Public Holidays 2021
Lessons will not take place on the following days: 5th April, 2nd June, 1st November, 8th December.
Language course are suspended from 20th Dec 2021 to 8th Jan 2022.
|Duration||2, 3, 4 months|
|Period||Throughout the year except August, December during Christmas time|
|TUITION FEES 2021|
|Italian Preparatory Course
|4 weeks||€ 720|
|additional week up to 11 weeks||€ 180|
|12 weeks||€ 1.840|
|additional week from 12 to 23 weeks||€ 150|
|24 weeks||€ 3.450|
|additional week over 24 weeks||€ 140|
|INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT FEE 2021|
|8 weeks||€ 860|
|12 weeks||€ 950|
|16 weeks||€ 1.045|
Included in the tuition fees
- Accommodation placement service
- Full orientation upon arrival
- Placement test
- Linguaviva’s examination fee
- Selection of a company
- Placement in a company
Not included in the tuition fees
- Airport transfers
- Bank charges
- Social activities