The FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education) has awarded the Blue Flag 2013 to the beach of Lignano Sabbiadoro. Lignano beaches since 24 years have been awarded with the Blue Flag of FEE which is an international award given to all the seaside resorts that respect the strict environmental criteria: clean and safe sea, ecological services such as recycling, the presence of cycle lanes and the accessibility for everyone to the facilities of the city. www.blueflag.org
- Relative humidity: 52%
- Water temperature: 21 °C (70 °F)
- Air temperature: 25/27 °C (77/81 °F)
- Sand temperature: 40 °C (104 °F)
By plane - Airports
The nearest airports are:
- Venice - Marco Polo at about 100 Km from Lignano Sabbiadoro.
- Trieste - Ronchi dei Legionari at about 60 Km.
- Treviso - San Giuseppe at about 110 Km.
By car – Motorways
Motorways A4 and A23 are connected to the main European highways.
- Drive the Motorway A4 Venezia – Trieste;
- Coming from Austria drive the Motorway A23 Tarvisio – Udine than the A4.
Suggested exit toll-gate: Latisana exit toll-gate: approx km 20 away from Lignano.
Follow directions to Lignano on the S.S. 345.
By train – Train Stations
You can reach by train the station in Latisana, which is only 20 km away from Lignano Sabbiadoro. From there frequent buses link the station with Lignano Sabbiadoro.
Clothing: we recommend comfortable summer sport garments, possibly numbered/marked for identification as Linguaviva provides free of charge laundry service once a week.
Participants should be provided with enough pocket money which we suggest in € 150 per week.
The following are not included in the package fee:
- Personal expenses drinks, ice creams etc.
- Special events in Lignano like a concert of a particular singer (from € 20)
- Games at the Fun park
- Gardaland’s entrance ticket.
- Any social or sport activity requested outside our programme .
- City bus in case students prefer to take the bus than to walk (€ 1–2)
- Here are some examples of the cost of living in Italy
- Sandwich, slice of pizza € 3
- Mineral water € 1
- Soft drinks € 2,50
- Cappuccino € 1
- Ice-cream € 2
- CD costs € 20-25
- Daily newspaper € 1
- First vision cinema € 7
- Mobile phone card € 50
Our staff includes a health officer on site 24 hours who takes care of possible therapies as indicated in the student’s medical form, looks after the student in case of illness, gives the first assistance in case of small accidents and contacts the parents.
For serious illnesses and accidents there is a First Aid in Lignano at 10’ drive and the Hospital in Latisana.
- It is necessary to fill in the special medical form and send it to Linguaviva with the enrolment.
- Students coming from European countries must be provided with EC health insurance document (Mod E111) which guarantees health assistance as in the student’s country for the length of the stay. Health tickets are to be paid by the student.
- We strongly recommend students coming from all countries other than Europe to be provided with a private international medical insurance in order to cover costs of medicines, specialists or hospitalisation. Usually all expenses must be paid directly and then the insurance refunds the client against presentation of receipts/bills.
All students are insured against accidents during all the activities inside and outside the centre foreseen by the programme. This insurance covers the refund of expenses concerning specialists’ visits, medicines, operations, hospitalisation, instrumental diagnostic investigation, laboratory analysis, plaster or special bandaging, special treatments.
(Max. coverage: € 80.000,00 in case of death, € 100.000,00 in case of permanent disability, € 20.000,00 for dental expenses, € 20.000,00 for ophthalmic expenses, € 1.100,00 for transport or ambulance transport to hospital).
All guests are insured against liability towards a third party. This insurance covers damages to persons or things unintentionally caused by the minor.
The insurance does not include expenses for the repatriation for which we recommend to stipulate a private insurance.
We will share common areas with younger students all the time, that’s why students are expected to observe certain rules of conduct and of courtesy towards other guests as well as towards the adult staff:
- To use respectful language
- To respect the playmates and the other students’ belongings
- To be in time for the various activities
- Not to make use of alcoholic drinks, of cigarettes and of course drugs
Those who do not comply with these common sense rules (for instance show an aggressive and violent behaviour towards the others, or steal other people’s things or damage common equipment, or get drunk, etc..) will incur disciplinary measures: at first the teacher/tutor, and then the Director of the camp will simply reproach or call him/her to order. Then the Director will inform the student that if this behaviour continues, his/her parents are going to be contacted. In serious cases we inform the parents and as last resort we ask them to withdraw the student from the programme without any refund. Any additional cost incurred will be passed to parents for settlement.