Linguaviva prepares students for degree programmes with selective entry which require an admission test: Medicine, Veterinary, Dentistry.
Please check also our general outline of Italian Higher Education System.
First part: Italian for academic purposes.
The programme is designed to help students achieve the academic Italian language requirements to access Italian Universities. The course will provide students with the language and study skills needed for the Italian examination which is a mandatory requirement for international students applying on Bachelors Degrees in Italy.
The course will teach following skills: comprehending academic texts, writing and making oral presentations, discussing ideas or information taken from a scientific text, independent learning skills, vocabulary expansion.
Second part: Academic subjects.
The course curriculum is tailored to the fields the students plan to study at the University and to the exams they need to take to be admitted to a particular department.
Students are given a specific training for scientific subjects as as Math, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Logic etc. according to the degree course chosen by the student.
The course is structured according to the indications given by the Italian Ministry of Education on the content of the test.
In the courses students will learn about how the exams works and they will get plenty of practice using the types of questions they will see in the exam. Student will exercise also on past exam tests.
|KEY FACTS||PREPARATORY COURSE FOR ITALIAN UNVERSITY
|Lessons||20 lessons per week (45 minutes per lessons) for a total of 240 lessons|
|Groups||Max. 15 students|
|Requirements||CEF Level B1|
||7th May – 27th July 2018|
|TUITION FEE 2018|
|Preparatory Course for Italian University||€ 2.600|
Included in the tuition fees
- Accommodation placement service
- Full orientation upon arrival
- Placement test
- Academic counselling for Italian Universities,
- Career Schools and Vocational Programmes
- Linguaviva’s examination fee
Not included in the tuition fees
- Airport transfers
- Bank charges
- Social activities
Italian Higher Education System
Higher Education in Italy
WHY STUDY IN ITALY?
- Italy offers a high level of education and a unique cultural environment
- Some field of studies are internationally acknowledged (Architecture, Design, Engineering, Economics etc.)
- With 90 universities in Italy mostly state universities, there is a wid variety of course offer
- Tuition fees are reasonable compared with other countries. Studying at universities and attaining a very good higher education between 1000 euro and 3,500 euro per yesr since this varies from one universitiy to another and also depends on the chosen course of study. Private universities area clearly much more expensive.
ITALIAN EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM
To be admitted to italian University students must have satisfactorily completed High School with a minimum of 12 years education.
The Higher Education System in Italy consist of:
- University and Technical Universities
- Academy of Fine Arts
- Music Conservatories
- Private Higher Institutions for Design and Fashion
The learning outcome is in 3 different stages:
- Undergraduate degree (Laurea) - a 3 years first degree
- Master of Arts or Science (Laurea Magistrale) - a 2 years first degree
Italian Universities offer a wide range of Postgraduate programmes wich last one year and focus on specific topics
- PhD (Dottorato di ricerca) 3 years of training and research activities following the Master of Arts or Science degree
Linguaviva academic counselling service is available only students enrolled on our course